Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Prevention & Control Policy
Sadly, all of us have been affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. I sincerely hope that you have managed to stay safe and well.
I have missed being able to offer you the treatments that I know you love, and I am looking forward to seeing you again soon.
My utmost priority is to keep you, my clients as safe as possible, and prior to re-opening the salon I have implemented a number of changes which I would like to make you aware of. During the time the salon has been closed, I have completed the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Prevention and Control course which is accredited by the Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists Ltd, the UK trade body for our industry. I have since made some necessary changes to the way that I operate that you will notice when you next visit.
- I will be allowing a period of time in between each treatment to fully clean and sterilise the treatment area in full preparation for the next client.
- If I feel ill or have symptoms of C0VlD-19, I will self-isolate immediately and not come into the salon. This may mean that I have to cancel your appointment at short notice. I appreciate that this may be inconvenient, but it is done entirely for your own safety. If your appointment is cancelled, you will be able to re-book again as soon as possible.
- If you, or any of the people you live with or are in regular contact with feel ill or display any symptoms of C0VlD-19 – please advise me as soon as possible and DO NOT COME TO THE SALON FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT. I have relaxed the cancellation terms during the outbreak, please give as much notice as possible should you need to cancel.
Visiting the salon
- For your safety and to maintain social distancing, I ask that you attend your appointments alone and on time. Please do not turn up early for your appointment as this may mean that you come into contact with other clients who are just leaving.
- If you do arrive early, you will be asked to wait outside until the previous client has left the salon. I will be operating a strict policy of one person in the salon at any one time, adhering to strict social distancing measures. The door to the salon may be locked and opened for you at your allotted time.
- If you arrive late for an appointment, your treatment may have to be cut short to enable me to accommodate the next client. Please be on time.
I have increased the frequency of cleaning in the salon including making sure that common surfaces, toilets door handles etc. are wiped clean using disinfectant products between each client.
All tools and equipment will be disinfected or sterilised in line with the specific manufacturers’ instructions for your safety.
Wherever possible I will utilise environmentally, friendly, single use items during a treatment that will be disposed of safely after each use in order to protect you from cross infection.
You will have access to soap and hot water to wash your hands upon arrival at the salon and antibacterial hand sanitiser will also be available for you to use.
I will understand and not be offended if you wish to wear a facemask or wear disposable gloves when you visit the salon and during your treatment if this is appropriate.
Please do not be offended if I also, use personal protective equipment (PPE) during your visit and during your treatment. This may include disposable gloves / facemasks / aprons where appropriate.
I can confirm that the laundering of salon towels and uniforms is a priority and I can assure you that all salon laundry is washed at 60 degrees C.
All disposable items are removed from the treatment room between each client visit along with the associated disinfection of appropriate areas.
I will not be offering hot or cold drinks of any kind during the pandemic but please, feel free to bring your own.
I will not be providing any reading material during the pandemic but again, please feel free to bring your own.
I understand the importance of good hand hygiene and I will ensure that wash my hands in according with NHS recommendations before the start of your treatment.
I will try to make your treatment as safe and comfortable for you as possible. If however, you have any concerns about your treatment please let me know and I will do what I can to ensure you are completely at ease and satisfied.
If you are attending for a skin service / facial, PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN BLANKETS. I will provide single use, disposable towels to be placed underneath.
Please only bring with you, essential items such a key’s, payment method, telephone and blankets if appropriate. You will be asked to place these items in a sealed plastic box whilst your treatment takes place to prevent cross contamination to other surfaces.
These procedures have been implemented for the safety of you, my client, myself and our loved ones. I will continue to take advice from the Government and the NHS regarding safe practice and will make amendments as and when it is necessary to do so.
Thank you for your continued support and kind understanding.